Week 2

Week 2

I found working with levels was quite expedient I landed on a solid adjustment on image one quickly and did some fine tuning to get things perfectly balanced.

Working with Curves I found this more time consuming but the level of minutia I could manipulate was much more impressive.   I balanced out the image as a whole similar to how I did on the previous image but then I focused in on specific colors that I felt were still not properly represented and adjusted those till I felt they came through clearly without distorting the rest of the image.   There was a lot of over adjustments and CTRL-Z’s and then some under adjustments followed by some more CTRL-Z’s.   Once I locked in a color I would move on to the next and start adjusting that while hoping those adjustments impact all the efforts I had put into the previous section.   The end result came out a lot better than I had anticipated based on the starting image.

One comment

  1. Avatar photo slager

    Your reds in the second image are so vibrant! I really like the blue/grey tones you were able to enhance around periphery of the sky and the way the way the tiny hairs on the stalks of the flowers are silhouetted against it.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.